Fortnite’s 2nd Birthday
Celebrate two years of Fortnite with Birthday-themed Quests and a Hero!
Open a Birthday Llama filled to the brim with Heroes and weapons from the past year of Fortnite events!
Missions + Systems
- Quests, missions alerts, and daily login rewards will now grant X-Ray Tickets instead of V-Bucks to players who are non founders. Paid Founders will not be affected by this change.
- Celebrate Fortnite’s second birthday with these sweet Birthday Quests:
- Earn the new Birthday Brigade Jonesy Hero by completing a quest to eliminate Cake Sploders in successful missions. Be careful to avoid their exploding pastries!
- Earn Summer Tickets by collecting delicious-looking birthday cakes in successful missions. This quest is repeatable, so eat up!
- Hero Loadouts have been added as rewards for completing Storm Shield Defense 10 in Stonewood, Plankerton, Canny Valley, and Twine Peaks.
We teased a feature that’s coming over the course of Season 10… Take a look
- Time Cheats will now spawn more reliably in Wargames.
- Traps no longer visually persist after their durability runs out in Wargames.
- Bad traps will be cleared every time the Storm Shield is entered.
- Sound now correctly plays when standing near the edge of a Storm Shield.
- Acid Pools now display correctly when the Acid Pool Mutator is active.
- The Hexed statues in the Hexed Wargames Simulation no longer pop out of visibility.
Bug Fixes and Adjustments
- The Event popup menu in the quest tab now scales properly for all resolutions.
- Storage in the Armory now shows 5 items per line again instead of 3.
- The ‘Equip’ button will now display properly on the Backpack screen if using hotkeys to swap out weapons.
- The inventory screen was showing the wrong item details in some situations.
- Text was flickering in the storm shield menu in some languages.
- Transform keys now display correctly if players have 1000+ keys.
- Fixed an issue when inspecting an X-Ray Llama to show the correct options.
- Wargame Simulation and Challenge boxes now have scrolling sounds when selecting them while using a controller.
- Incorrect text rewards would display if the skip button was pressed after leveling up on the Victory Screen.
- The commander xp screen during the mission rewards cycle now properly displays banners on console.
- Inspecting currency earned from Llamas will now show the amount of currency gained instead of the total amount of currency owned.
- Mission Rewards list arrows were not updating immediately, leading to some cases where it was showing at inappropriate times.
- Removed an extra prompt from some notifications such as friend requests received in zone.
- The top of the scroll bar in the Llama reward screen is now draggable.
- Improved performance of the in-game mission objective UI.
- Improved performance when changing tabs in the Schematic menu.
- Removed some hitches that were occuring during tutorial dialogs.
- Removed a hitch while going into the Save the World map for the first time.
- We’ve added a new birthday-themed Hero!
- Birthday Brigade Jonesy is all about survival… and cake sprinkles. He seems to really enjoy sprinkles.
- Standard Perk: Survivalist
- Eliminations heal you for 39 base Health over 3 seconds. Duration refreshes with additional eliminations.
- Commander Perk: Survivalist+
- Eliminations heal you for 117 base Health over 3 seconds. Duration refreshes with additional eliminations.
- Earn Birthday Brigade Jonesy by completing the new Sploding Husks quest.
- 8-Bit Demo returns to the Event Store!
- Standard Perk: Enduring Machine
- After ability cast, weapons lose 40% less Durability for the next 2 uses.
- Commander Perk: Enduring Machine+
- After ability cast, weapons lose 40% less Durability for the next 6 uses.
- Available in the Event Store starting July 17 at 8 PM Eastern Time.
- Fossil Southie is now eligible for an item reset.
- This is due to the issue in v9.30 which caused the Saurian Focus perk to grant the same bonus as the Commander Perk even when slotted in a non-Commander Slot.
- The Hero Perks Mad Tidings and Start Up were not properly resetting upon weapon overheat.
- The Hero Perk Enduring Machine was not working correctly for melee weapons.
- Commander Perks Cascade and Fan of Stars now work correctly.
- Fire sound effects persisted after using Dragon Slash while using the Fire of the Dragon Hero Perk.
- The Fourth of July heroes can be retired and now take up inventory space.
Weapons + Items
- Smash 2nd Year Birthday Llamas to celebrate a year worth of loot!
- The new 2nd Year Birthday Llama is available in the Loot tab of the Save the World Store for 1000 summer tickets.
- The Birthday Llama is stuffed with the greatest hits of Heroes and weapons from the 2nd year of Fortnite events!
- Each Llama contains at least one weapon and one Hero with at least one of those two being a Legendary or Mythic variant.
- Available for two weeks, starting July 16 and ending on August 1.
- Summer Tickets will not be converted to Birthday Llamas after the Season ends. Any remaining tickets will be converted into Sci-fi Llamas.
- Upgrading the Gammatron 9000 from epic to legendary rarity now works correctly.
- Defenders now shoot the Boom Bow at the correct fire rate.
- Reduced the Boom Bow's displayed fire rate in order to correct the DPS number shown in the UI.
- This will not affect the actual fire rate of the Boom Bow.
- The Campfire trap now correctly heals any nearby damaged Defenders.
- Fixed an issue with traps in Storm Shields not applying their health and healing perks.
- Fixed elemental alterations not showing correctly for the following weapon sets:
- The banner gadget no longer permanently colors structures blue.
- Corrected an issue with sploder propane tanks rotating back and forth while bouncing.
- Defenders will now properly return the weapons they use once a mission is completed.
- Allow trap cycling when B.A.S.E. is equipped.
- Husks remain illuminatefter being frozen.
- Players should no longer appear in the DBNO state during the Victory Screen.