Cloudy with a chance of meteorites! A good meteor shower can really rock your world.. or base.. in this new Wargames Simulation.
Tyrannosaurus wreck the Husk with the Saurian Might of this new Soldier!
Missions + Systems
New Wargames simulation: Space Rocks
- Meteors will rain down on your base In this new War Games simulation.
- Players will face a quick flurry of meteorites or one massive meteor at the end of each wave. Be sure to blast those meteors out of the sky or build some shelter!
- A new Wargames simulation means more chances for Event Tickets, a new banner, and more variety to the Daily Quests.
- The button UI will no longer appear incorrectly on the Evacuate the Shelter building.
- Event tickets shown on the X-ray Llama UI will change to the new event ticket type when the previous event has ended.
- The UI will now display the correct items / manuals received after completing a transform.
- Note: Transform never gave the "base" 1/4/9 training manuals/designs that you get when you recycle an item, but a UI bug was introduced that incorrectly showed that you would obtain these items.
- A gift box will be granted to each player who used the Transform feature from release v7.40 until now which grants the missed manuals that the UI indicated.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from starting the Canny Valley 10 Storm Shield Defense.
- The Wargames reward UI for Twine Peaks has changed from "Rare PERK-UP!" to "PERK-UP!" to more accurately reflect that a PERK-UP! of varying rarity may be received.
- All mission modifier lists will now properly display the accurate number of modifiers.
- Previously, only 4 may have been shown even if more were active.
- The scrollbar on the confirm recycle UI now functions correctly when using a gamepad.
- Spamming the Replay button will no longer cause the quest reward voiceover to repeatedly play.
- The Armory tab will no longer show an exclamation point notification if the Transform or Collection Book menu options have unseen or locked items.
- The Minimap no longer appears solid white before Ray's voiceover plays during the start of a mission.
- Menu navigation now functions properly after canceling a mission search while using a controller.
- Players will no longer get stuck in the expeditions reward screen if attempting to claim rewards while matchmaking or in an active lobby.
- Fixed an issue with the Quest Event expanding and getting stuck which caused it to be non navigable on consoles.
- Reduced hitching in various parts of the front end including:
- Opening the expedition slot or squad slot menus
- Assigning a Hero to a loadout
- Navigating items on the transform screen
- Using an XP boost
- Upgrading gadgets
- Improved client loading to prevent hitching during gameplay.
- Improved performance data collection to help identify performance issues in the future.
- We’ve added a new Hero to the Event store: Rex Jonesy stomps into battle!
- Standard Perk: Saurian Might
- Every 1 second, adds 3% of Current Health to Damage of next Ranged Weapon hit.
- Commander Perk: Saurian Might+
- Every 1 second, adds 9% of Current Health to Damage of next Ranged Weapon hit.
- Available in the Event Store on May 22 at 8 PM Eastern Time
- Constructor’s B.A.S.E no longer applies its effects to destroyed building pieces.
- R.O.S.I.E will no longer detonate Proximity Mines when placed near them.
- Shockwave will no longer cost stamina and trigger the cooldown if the ability is interrupted.
- Decoy will no longer AOE damage allies when using the Your Move, Creep perk.
- The Phase Forward perk now correctly applies the full movespeed bonus.
- Bull Rush no longer targets ally players and NPCs.
- Shock Tower now targets enemies that are behind low walls.
- Shockwave no longer gets stuck in its animation.
- T.E.D.D.Y now has a proper cooldown when cast with less than 60 Energy.
- The In A Pinch perk no longer has persisting VFX after changing weapon mid-reload.
- The Hunter’s Instinct perk’s life leech properly applies to melee attacks rather than all attack types.
- Anti-Material Charge can no longer pass through T.E.D.D.Y.
- Phase Siphon no longer applies healing effects when phasing through allies.
- Phase Siphon now shows the correct healing value when used as a Commander perk.
- Blakebeard the Blackhearted’s cannon can no longer hit the Storm King multiple times.
- Outlander abilities are now properly granted cooldown reduction when used with 1 charge fragment.
Weapons + Items
- Cozy Campfire durability properly resets when reloaded from a previous Wargames / SSD mission.
- Trap Durability is now properly restored to its pre-mission value when failing a Wargames or Storm Shield Defense mission.
- Note: We’re working on a fix for resetting durability when a mission is successfully completed.
- Players will now be eliminated when falling off the world in Plankerton Storm Shield zone.
- Objects can now be spawned without a long delay.
- The Craft and Slot option now slots an item properly after crafting has been completed
- Mist Pod destruction audio now plays correctly in Wargames.
- Fixed an issue in settings where all sliders were half their normal width.
Wanting to track the top community issues? Head over to our Fortnite | Community Issues Trello board here.