Pirates have invaded Homebase! Grab an eye-patch, and prepare for a swashbuckling, plundering, plank-walking adventure.
Beta Storm: Resupply
Time is short! Collect the list of items and refill your backpack before the Storm closes in!
Missions + Systems
- Yarrr! Event Quests
- Ahoy Mateys! Join our Heroes and complete the “Yarrr!” Questline to earn event themed rewards.
- Rewards: More information in Weapons + Items
- Blakebeard the Blackhearted
- Corsair Sword
- Jack’s Revenge Pistol
- X Marks the Spot!
- Once per zone, players can find a map that leads to treasure by opening chests and safes.
- Pirate Llama is now available
- May contain Pirate Heroes, Steampunk Weapon schematics, and Broadside Trap schematics
- Cost: 500 Spring Tickets
- Beta Storm: Resupply
- Time is short! Run around the map destroying and collecting a list of items
- The Storm closes in fast! The safe area doesn’t stay for long and will rotate around the map
- Fixed bomb desync in Deliver the Bomb missions
- HUD scale setting now also applies to HUD announcements.
- The In-game Hero Loadout now has warning indicators if the perk is not being applied (similar to the ones in the frontend)
- Fixed an issue where the Xbox controller could lose input in the frontend after interacting with the event banner.
- Fixed defender trap UI issues related to selecting a defender from a different pad.
- Players should no longer lose navigation functionality when returned to the Quest Tab from the Quest log.
- Consumable items that are currently hovered over in the Resource menu should no longer be consumed when selecting an option from the 'More' popup menu.
- Fixed an issue that caused the “Transform” item dialog to not properly show up when inspecting the transformed item.
- Fixed an issue that would cause items and people to become offset from the camera while being leveled up or evolved.
- Fixed the ability description text getting cut off in Hero inspect details panel.
- Fixed research point accumulation text to use the correct pluralization when a single point is earned.
- Fixed an issue that caused the HUD vote indicator to not properly show when the pickup info setting is disabled.
- Fixed the UI to correctly Save/Load the pinned schematics
- The banner in the Manage Profile menu should now display correctly for players with really long account names.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to back out of the Modify Perks menu.
- Fixed pick up messages to not stack on top of each other
- Updated the Recycle confirmation panel so that the recycle item tiles show the quantity being recycled and not the quantity in the inventory
- Fixed an issue that caused slotted collection book items to show the “you must unslot an item before it can be reset” error message.
- Fixed an issue that caused the zones to not properly update when changing the privacy settings while on the map.
- Updated the Expedition screen to properly update the Expedition list when first entering the screen.
- Changed the padding on Zone name header to fix Korean language text getting cut off on the in-zone mission objectives screen
- Placeholder text should no longer be visible when inspecting X-Ray Llamas.
- Fixed Hero abilities appearing grayed out on the quickbar if another ability is used right as it is coming off cooldown.
- Hero Loadout unlocks now appear in feature unlock screen as opposed to the quest reward screen.
- Improved responsiveness of equipping items to quick bar slots.
- The full-screen minimap is now prepared in advance to fix a hitch on the first map display.
- Fixed a hitch when another player loads into a match that’s already in progress.
- Fixed a hitch when entering the Shadow Stance effect.
- Updated the Expedition screen to increase performance when hovering over buttons.
- We’ve added a new Hero to the Event store!
- Hybrid, a new Legendary Ninja!
- Standard Perk: Fire Of The Dragon
- Increases Affliction Duration by 34%.
- Commander Perk: Fire Of The Dragon+
- Increases Affliction Duration by 67%. Dragon Slash applies Affliction, which deals 15 base Fire Damage per second for 3 seconds.
- Available in the Event Store March 27 at 8 PM Eastern Time
- We’re introducing a new Hero with the “Yarrr!” quest line.
- Blakebeard the Blackhearted, a new Mythic Pirate Constructor
- Standard Perk: Avast Mateys
- Increases Cannonball Damage by 20%.
- Commander Perk: Avast Mateys+
- Increases Cannonball Damage by 40%. Converts R.O.S.I.E to fire 25 cannonballs.
- Mythic Rarity
- Obtainable through the “Yarrr!” Questline.
- We’ve added 4 new Pirate Heroes that can be obtained in the Pirate Llama.
- Crossbones Barret, a new Pirate Outlander!
- Standard Perk: Goin’ Coconuts
- 20% chance to find Coconuts in containers. Coconuts restore health instantly and restore additional health over time. Increases damage by 16% while under the effects of a Coconut.
- Commander Perk: Goin’ Coconuts+
- 30% chance to find Coconuts in containers. Coconuts restore health instantly and restore additional health over time. Increases damage by 36% while under the effects of a Coconut.
- Obtainable from Pirate Llamas
- Buccaneer Jonesy, a new Pirate Soldier!
- Standard Perk: Buckle
- Dealing Sword Damage Increases Pistol Damage by 22% for 6 seconds.
- Commander Perk: Buckle+
- Dealing Sword Damage Increases Pistol Damage by 65% for 6 seconds.
- Obtainable from Pirate Llamas
- Swashbuckler Keelhaul, a new Pirate Ninja!
- Standard Perk: Swash
- Dealing Pistol Damage Increases Sword Damage by 22% for 6 seconds.
- Commander Perk: Swash+
- Dealing Pistol Damage Increases Sword Damage by 65% for 6 seconds.
- Obtainable from Pirate Llamas
- Privateer Hype, a new Pirate Constructor!
- Standard Perk: Swab The Deck
- Increases Club Damage by 17%.
- Commander Perk: Swab The Deck+
- Increases Club Damage by 50%.
- Obtainable from Pirate Llamas
- Acquiring Blakebeard will unlock a new Quest, which rewards a new Team Perk!
- Blakebeard’s Stash
- Eliminating enemies has a 5% chance of uncovering one of Blakebeard’s stashes which contains the following items:
- Peg Leg
- Club that deals extreme damage but breaks quickly
- Restores health instantly and restores additional health over time
- Can be thrown as grenades that fragment on impact, exploding multiple times
- Requires 3 Pirate Heroes in your loadout.
- Constructor R.O.S.I.E. can now be auto placed, just like traps.
- Overtaker Hiro is eligible for an item reset due to his head being changed in update v8.11.
- Free items that have been unslotted from the collection book will no longer be eligible for a reset if they have not been upgraded.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Impossibility Matrix from correctly reducing the cooldown of Shock Tower.
- Fixed an issue where Survivalist wouldn't trigger if the player also had the Emergency Override+ commander perk.
- Fixed an issue where Bass Solo extended Warcry by 1 or 2 seconds per elimination, instead of the intended duration of 0.4 or 0.9 seconds per elimination.
- Steel Wool Carlos has been marked eligible for item reset.
- Fixed an issue where Assassination+ was dealing the incorrect melee damage multipler
- This was applying 13.5% instead of 18%
Weapons + Items
- Steampunk Weapons Set - Available from the Pirate Llama
- The Baron
- A heavy hammer with slow, wide swings and a powerful smash attack.
- Steam Thrasher
- A mid-sized scythe with wide sweeping attacks and a new channeled spinning heavy attack.
- Steam Piston
- A versatile semi-automatic assault rifle that deals steady damage
- A revolver with heavy recoil that shoots high impact musket balls
- Bon Voyage
- A fast and powerful semi-automatic sniper rifle
- New Flintlock weapons - Obtained from the “Yarrr!” Questline
- A deadly cutlass that combines a good mix of damage and impact with exceptional crit. Best when paired with pistols.
- Quad Chop: A series of heavy attacks that deal increased damage and knockback.
- Jack’s Revenge
- Single shot piercing pistol with a powerful kick that deals heavy headshot damage and knocks back targets.
- Most effective when used with a sword in close to mid-range combat.
- Increased the attack speed of Quad Chop heavy attack by 35%. Increased damage per second by 4.6%. Increased impact per second by 7%.
- The Bowler and Jabberwocky are now classified as Cannons and gain benefits from perks affecting cannonball damage, such as Avast Mateys
- Increased the hit area of Hydraulic Smash to better match the visual
- Purchasing random schematics from the event store will now put the schematic directly in your inventory instead of granting a Llama to open.
- Fixed an issue with the teleporter floating after destroying the floor beneath
- Fixed an issue that caused the teleporter to appear on the victory screen if held by a player
- Added the heavy attack description to the Vacuum Tube Spear
- Fixed an issue where the Yeoman sniper rifle could spawn extra projectile impact particles.
- Changed Joel and Karolina Mythic survivors so that only one copy of each is allowed in the inventory at a time.
- Removed the Skatepark that could load into Autumn Cities that was causing building issues.
- Several quest requirements in Plankerton and Canny Valley have been adjusted.
- Required Objective Counts for some Quests have been reduced in Plankerton.
- Increased the drop rate for some quest items in Canny Valley
- Enhanced Demolition updates
- Enhanced Demoltion has been re-enabled!
- Trap resources go back to the trap owner if present when using Enhanced Demolition in a player’s Storm Shield Base.
- Increased the number of resources gained when destroying tier 2 and 3 building pieces.
- Players will now receive 100% of the resource amounts.(This is prorated by the health of the building piece)
- Show HUD messages when crafting materials are returned to a Player due to disassembling a trap in an SSD mission
- Fixed an issue that caused players to load into the game as one Hero while having the active abilities of another Hero.
- Fixed an issue where players loaded into the game with their Hero missing and having to wait for a timer to count down to respawn.
- Fixed an issue where defenders would keep previously equipped weapons if spawned on a second defender pad.
- Fixed Deliver the Bomb in the Thunder Route 99 zone, where the Armory and Launcher would be reversed.
- Campfire traps no longer heal players who are DBNO.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to place traps on floor pieces that are built over other level floor pieces, such as sidewalks.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to load into a zone with a level 1 pickaxe.
- Fixed an issue that caused weapons, Gadgets or Abilities to not appear on the quickbar.
- Survivors no longer benefit from Bluglo Pylon buffs.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Husks to continue moving while frozen in a slow field.
- Added audio for new perks, ambient sounds, and items.
- Fixed an issue that caused music to be missing in certain areas.
- Fixed an issue with missing audio in the onboarding cinematic.
- Fixed an issue with missing sound on Banner placement.
- Fixed an issue that caused the ground wave from Seismic Impact to have no sound.
- Updated threat music so that is reserved for more significant threats during combat.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the correct sounds from playing while picking up multiple items
- Fixed an issue with DBNO music continuing after the player has been revived.
- Fix an issue with music not playing for players joining the Test the Limits quest late.
- Quantity selector slider and settings slider will now accelerate over time when using a gamepad.
- Fixed some issues with being able to click survey answers with mouse buttons other than the primary (left) button.
- Fixed an issue with the bottom bar being missing/obscured on the player reporting screen.
- Updated the controller settings screen so the text for the header "Controller Configurations" can grow vertically as opposed to growing wider. This stops text from going behind the next column.
- Added a “Joinable Parties” section to the Social Panel to provide a quick overview of the parties that your friend(s) are in with at least two members.
- Party Invite list is now merged into this list. In the case of an invite, the sender's name will get highlighted in the party entry, and the entry itself will have a different background.
- The “Game” Voice Channel has been added and allows speaking to and hearing only the people in:
- Your Battle Royale Squad
- Your Save the World Team
- Your Creative Island’s Voice Chat
- New options have been added to the Social Panel when clicking on yourself. In addition to being able to set Online / Away, you can now
- Adjust your party’s Privacy settings
- Change the Voice Channel you want to use during active gameplay.
- Choose “Party” to speak with everyone in your party, and “Game” to speak to the game-specific channel.
- Fixed a bug where traps could be hidden under the terrain.
- Fix for switching to Save the World when joining a friend in Battle Royale's party
- Fixed launchpad transition animations triggering incorrectly if you immediately attached to a zip line
- Fixed traps not triggering when inside their triggering range, but behind a building piece that gets destroyed
- We've increased the bandwidth cap for all game modes.
- This should help with network performance issues across all platforms.
Want to track the top community issues? Head over to our Fortnite | Community Issues Trello board here.