Get caught in the Bear Stare! Laser down the Husks with this returning Outlander.
Speed is key! Take on the new Test the Limits Beta Storm.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to crash while in the Collection Book.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Winter Llama to pull from the wrong item set.
Fixed an issue that caused players to continue earning Snowflake Tickets
- This issue only impacted Winter Llamas that were converted from Snowflake tickets with the launch of v8.0
All players have been granted a 2018 Winter Llama to compensate for this. Additionally, all players who received the incorrect Winter Llamas as part of the 8.0 conversion will be granted the same amount of the correct 2018 Winter Llamas in a future gift box.
- All remaining Snowflake tickets will be converted to 2018 Winter Llamas
- Fixed an issue with a wall being placed when picking a trap from the trap picker via mouse.
- Fixed an issue with destroying/consuming the last item in the equipped weapon/trap stack, forcing a switch to an item in the next focusable quick bar slot, even if the item is replaced by a new weapon/trap.
- Fixed an issue with the building outline appearing red after placing a trap on an existing structure.
Missions + Systems
- Beta Storms
- The return of Retrieve the Data Beta Storm
- We listened to your feedback and this time around players can vote to shoot down the balloon early! No more waiting for it to land.
- Shooting down the balloon early causes the storm to rush in faster.
- The landing zone is now a 1 by 1 build area
- The storm wall is easier to see through.
- New Beta Storm mission Test the Limits.
- Test the Limits is a mission about racing around through a series of checkpoints to see how many laps you can complete, the more laps the better the badge reward. There will be a preparation time to help you optimize the path from point to point then a timed race. Great way to test different hero loadouts.
- Beta Storm: Eliminate and Collect will be rotating out.
- We appreciate everyone who participated and provided feedback on this Beta Storm variant.
- The previous “Abilities” tab has been replaced with a “Loadout” tab, where players can view information about their active hero loadout while playing a mission.
- Changed the controller input so that accessing Mission Details now requires you to hold the associated button down.
- Edit option for Hero Loadouts now requires only a tap of the associated button.
- Reduced the wordiness of tooltips for gadgets.
- Respawn At Start now properly shows its associated keybind when in the Down But Not Out state.
- Evolution and Rarity increases can now be done when inspecting an item that was received from a Transform Schematic.
- Changed the “clear all” button in the Hero Loadout screen to also clear gadgets and team perks.
- Added Toggle Descriptions button to Team Perk and Gadget selection panels in Hero Loadout.
- Fixed a bug where players using the Old School or Quick Builder Controller configurations would be unable to throw grenades slotted in the third ability slot.
- Fixed issues with warnings about having another hero with the same perk in the loadout showing up in some cases when they should not.
- When a hero was being chosen for a slot that had the same perk, it will no longer erroneously warn that the perk is already in the loadout. This will make it easier to replace a hero with a higher rarity or higher Power Level hero with the same perk, since they will sort to the upper part of the list rather than sorting with the "warning" displays in the lower part of the list.
- Fixed the Hero picker details panel for Expeditions to show the correct Hero Loadout abilities.
- Changed padding on Zone name header to fix Korean language text getting cut off at the bottom.
- Fixed the ramp structure so that the trap picker UI works correctly.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Voice Chat icon to not properly update when kicking a muted player
- Fixed an issue that caused slottable item counts for Collection Book categories to not update after evolving slotted schematics.
- Fixed an issue that caused loss of gamepad control in the Transform slot picker after opening and closing the friends list.
- Fixed an issue with Hero name plate text scrolling with Hero names in all languages.
- Fixed defender trap UI issues related to selecting a defender from a different pad.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to partially lose navigation functionality when returned to the Quest Tab from the quest log.
- Fixed a matchmaking error that would prevent players from matchmaking into zones properly if they tried to start a quest from the quest log while already in a lobby.
- Fixed an issue with hero ability icons appearing grayed out in the quick bar when casting a hero ability right as another ability comes off cooldown.
- Fixed expedition timer text overlapping with completion percentage.
- Fixed an issue where the matching filter would only show the heroes that matched the team perk when the team perk was already active. It now shows all heroes since the team perk has been activated by other support heroes slotted.
- Staredown Southie (Returning)
- Standard Perk: Bear Stare
- T.E.D.D.Y fires lasers every 2 seconds, dealing 26 base Energy Damage
- Commander Perk: Bear Stare+:
- T.E.D.D.Y fires lasers every 1.5 seconds, dealing 51 base Energy Damage
- Available in the Weekly Store on March 13 at 8 PM Eastern Time until March 20 at 8 PM Eastern Time.
- Four Leaf Wildcat (Returning)
- Standard Perk: Grenade Generation
- Every 45 eliminations, gain 1 Frag Grenade charge.
- Commander Perk: Grenade Generation+
- Every 20 eliminations, gain 1 Frag Grenade charge.
- Available in the Weekly Store on March 13 at 8 PM Eastern Time until March 20 at 8 PM Eastern Time.
- Constructor B.A.S.E can now be auto placed, just like traps.
- Increased the base damage of Tail of the Dragon
- Standard Perk: Increased from 18 to 26
- Commander Perk: Increased from 45 to 64
- All Heroes in inventory and Collection Book will be marked eligible for Item Reset.
- Items eligible for a free unslot from the Collection Book will also be eligible for an Item Reset after they are unslotted.
- Fixed an issue which could cause Ninjas to have invisible collision with enemy Husks.
- Fixed an issue where Bass Solo didn't enforce its maximum elimination limit.
- Fixed an issue where Make It Count+ displayed an incorrect tooltip value.
- Fixed an issue where Tail of the Dragon was dealing more damage than intended
- Was previously dealing the damage of Dragon Slash in addition to the base damage with every tick.
- We’ve increased the damage value on Tail of the Dragon (noted above)
- We’ve marked Snuggle Specialist Sarah as eligible for reset due to this change
- Bass Solo now correctly shows a warning if used in a support slot for a Commander without Warcry
- Fixed an issue where hotfixer was granting the incorrect amount of repair speed
- Fixed an issue where Skull Ranger Ramirez and Fallen Love Ranger Jonesy played the wrong animation in the Hero Loadout screen
- Fixed an issue where One-Two Punch never ended with some melee weapons
- Fixed an issue where Impossibility Matrix would override the default Charge Fragment bonus
- Fixed Bear Stare tooltips to display correct damage values.
- Bear Stare still deals the same amount of damage, but the tooltip value is now accurate.
- Fixed an issue where Seismic Smash was doing less damage than intended.
- This resulted in an increase of 11 base damage.
- Fixed an issue where Present...Arms! wasn't granting the correct movement speed bonus as a Commander Perk
- Parting Gift fireworks now have sound
- Fixed an issue which could cause Keen Eyes to never turn off.
- Fixed an issue which could cause Keen Eyes visual effects to double up
- Fixed an issue where In The Zone hit counter never reset
- Updated Assault Ammo Recovery's tooltip to accurately reflect its functionality.
- Fixed an issue which was incorrectly capping the number of targets that could be hit by Frag Grenade to 8 or 12.
- This should make “Bigger is Better” feel much more effective.
- Updated the tooltip for Doppler Effect to indicate that it reduces the cooldown, and not the energy cost, of Shockwave.
- Fixed an issue with Phase Shift that was causing the speed bonus to not apply consistently or correctly at times.
- Phase Forward and Phase Shift run speed bonus should now stack with In the Zone properly
- Phase Forward+ now correctly applies the bonus 10% run speed as intended.
- Fixed an issue where Anti-Material Charge with Strike Cost couldn't be activated with less energy than the standard pickaxe heavy attack requires.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes Anti-Material Charge wouldn't hit enemies who were too close.
- Fixed an issue where Outlanders could interrupt Anti-Material Charge and end up in a broken state.
- Fixed an issue where T.E.D.D.Y. couldn't spawn if any player was nearby.
- Fixed an issue where BOOM B.A.S.E. buff was not being removed after B.A.S.E was destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where Electrified floors was doing the same damage at commander and hero level
- Fixed an issue where Endless Smoke was bigger than intended at commander and hero level
- Was previously making the radius of Smoke Bomb 380% bigger at hero and commander level instead of 186%
- We’ve marked Infiltrator Ken as eligible for reset due to this change
Weapons + Items
- Fixed an issue that caused items to get put into overflow when you use the item reset feature.
- Fixed an issue that could cause certain weapon tooltips to not display weapon-specific buffs correctly. This affects the Guardian's Will, Lead Sled, Six Feet Under, Smasher Basher, Spectral Blade, and Walloper.
- Fixed bug where Yeoman sniper rifle spawned extra projectile impact particles in some scenarios.
- Fixed the Space Pistol dealing damage multiple times per shot to the Storm King
- Enhanced Demolition
- Remodel your Storm Shield easily and efficiently before you start the mission to expand your base!
- Use your pickaxe to destroy structures in your Storm Shield with one hit, and collect a refund of building materials based on its remaining health.
- Materials for walls, floors, ceilings, etc go to the player who built those structures.
- The owner of the Homebase gains ownership after the mission concludes.
- We're aware that demolished trap materials currently go to the builder of the underlying structure (e.g. floor, ceiling, wall) not necessarily the player who placed the trap. We'll fix this in a future update.
- Re-Implemented how Nature Husks function.
- No longer deals damage over time
- No longer applies a 3 second effect removing 6 Energy every second, for a total of 18 Energy.
- Now applies a 2 second effect which removes 6 Energy on hit, and 6 Energy per second for 2 seconds, for a total of 18 Energy.
- Now applies standard Energy Regen Lockout for 2 seconds the same way abilities do.
- Damage vs Metal structures has been unaffected
- This should provide a more consistent experience when encountering Nature Husks.
- Improved Blaster headshot hitbox when shooting at him from the side.
- Proximity mines now have correct explosion upgrade radius.
- The Trigger radius now scales up with each explosion radius upgrade
- Fixed Missions that would load into Lakeside slightly rotated, causing building issues around them.
- Storm Chest now drops both loot presents correctly.
- Fixed an issue where Frozen Smashers were still being able to damage players while charging.
- Fixed an issue where the Teleporter Gadget could appear invisible for players joining games in progress or reconnecting to a game.
- Fixed an issue for Frenzied effects remaining on Beehive Husk helmets and Sploder tanks after the Frenzied effect wears off.
- New: UI - Added support for player surveys.
- Deadzone Menu; Fixed an issue where the initial values on PS4 and Xbox didn't match the circle size.
- Fixed a stepping precision issue with the quantity selection slider that gets used when recycling/transferring/dropping multiple items for resources with large values.
- When in a party or team your Team Members are now shown in the Social Panel!
- Scalability levels which disable Ambient Occlusion now reduce SkyLight intensity. This makes lighting contrast between shadowed and lit areas more consistent across scalability levels.
Want to track the top community issues? Head over to our Fortnite | Community Issues Trello board here.