Penny Hits the Road Part 2
This week, help Penny make her way to the Radio Station in this edge-of-your-seat sequel where things get a little bit weird. Load up the truck and gather your group because it’s time to Hit the Road with a new weekly quest.
Field Agent Rio Returns
Get ready to load up the Phase Cannon and Phase Blast the Husks! Field Agent Rio Returns to the Event Store!
Missions + Systems
- This week brings a special new quest to “Hit the Road” courtesy of Lars and his love of all things musical. Check your quest log for more information!
- Removed some of the potential enemy spawn directions from several amplifiers in the Twine Peaks Storm Shield Defense map.
- Removed “crossed” spawns that caused structures to be destroyed on Husk spawn. This made specific spawns very difficult to build enough defenses to survive certain waves.
- Dialog will now appear if players attempt to start a Storm Shield Defense mission while their Storm Shield fort is still being disassembled. The fort must be stable (no more ongoing edits) before a mission / wait for assistance action can be started.
- Pure Drop of Rain rewards for power level 140 missions have increased by 25%.
- Example: a 64 Pure Drops of Rain reward prior to this update will now reward 80 Pure Drops of Rain.
- For 4 Player Missions starting at power level 108, evolution material and PERK-UP rewards have been increased across the board. Some examples below:
- A 4 Player Mission that would have rewarded 168 Pure Drops of Rain in a power level 108 zone prior to the 10.30 update will now reward 256 Pure Drops of Rain.
- A 4 Player Mission that would have rewarded 168 Pure Drops of Rain in a power level 140 zone prior to the 10.30 update will now reward 320 Pure Drops of Rain.
- A 4 Player Mission that would have rewarded 164 Epic PERK-UP in a PL 108 zone prior to the 10.30 update will now reward 204 Epic PERK-UP.
- A 4 Player Mission that would have rewarded 164 Epic PERK-UP in a PL 140 zone prior to the 10.30 update will now reward 248 Epic PERK-UP.
- Note: These are just examples. You may find yourself earning more or less than these examples depending on mission objective performance. Review this blog post for more information!
- Players are now much less likely to spawn next to encampments at the start of a mission.
- Players can now “find the meteor” from the bottom of the crater in the Comet Jr. quest.
- Added animated scrolling in the Item Management menus.
- Added the SMG weapon type to Armory Wall behind Clip in the Armory screen.
- Emotes that are attached to specific BR outfits are no longer selectable from the emote wheel as they are unplayable.
- Reduced clutter that resulted from text on the PSA loading screens conflicting with the tips banner.
- The fast forward effect now displays correctly when opening Llamas.
- Hero displays now properly update when changing the Commander of the current Hero Loadout.
- Fixed flashing text in the Item Inspect screen that caused Hero abilities to overlap for a small amount of time.
- The Trap durability UI no longer displays the incorrect number.
- Players will no longer unintentionally navigate through the front end while the social panel is open.
- The page button prompts will now correctly show in the lobby emote wheel when using the "Builder Pro" controller configuration.
- The Llama opening results will no longer show additional incorrect copies of an item.
- The UI in "Resupply" missions now displays correctly after completing all primary objectives.
- Corrected grammatical errors in the Expeditions text
- Field Agent Rio shifts back into the Event Store!
- Standard Perk: Phase Cannon
- Using Phase Shift causes your next ranged weapon shot to fire a Phase Pulse, dealing 31 base Energy Damage and piercing enemies.
- Commander Perk: Phase Cannon +
- Using Phase Shift causes your next ranged weapon shot to fire a Phase Pulse, dealing 93 base Energy Damage and piercing enemies.
- Team Perk: Phase Blaster
- Every 5 seconds, your next shot will fire a Phase Pulse which deals 47 base Energy Damage.
- Available in the Event store starting September 11 at 8 PM Eastern Time.
- Ragnarok slams back into action!
- Standard Perk: Return to Sender
- Seismic Smash returns to its origin point. Decreases Seismic Smash Damage and Impact by 25%.
- Commander Perk: Return to Sender +
- Seismic Smash returns to its origin point. Increases Seismic Smash Damage and Impact by 125%.
- Team Perk: Slow your Roll
- Freeze melee attackers for 2 seconds. Mist Monsters are slowed by 43%.
- Available from completing the “Limited Edition” quest.
- Bladestorm Enforcer flips back into battle!
- Standard Perk: Kunaihilation
- Daggers from Kunai Storm explode shortly after impact, dealing 4 base Energy Damage in a .25 tile radius.
- Commander Perk: Kunaihilation +
- Daggers from Kunai Storm explode shortly after impact, dealing 8 base Energy Damage in a .5 tile radius.
- Team Perk: Endless Shadow
- For each Nina with 3 or more stars, Increases Shadow Stance Duration by 4 seconds.
- Available from completing the “Limited Edition” quest.
- Fixed a typo in Breakbeat Wildcat's description.
- B.A.S.E.’s placement animation can no longer be skipped by switching weapons.
- Fixed Constructor animations while in the lobby.
- Mantis Leap correctly deals damage after using a Leap Attack while the Leaping Ninjas Storm modifier is active.
- Bull Rush will no longer launch enemies farther than expected when they are Bull Rushed into an Encampment.
- Ragnarok, Thunder Thora, and Field Agent Rio now take up inventory space.
- R.O.S.I.E. can no longer be placed on an encampment.
Weapons + Items
- Updated Steam Thrasher to correctly apply damage bonuses on the Maelstrom Heavy Attack for Scythes instead of Hardware.
- Fix issues with Crescendo's charging and max charge VFX sometimes not playing properly on all clients.
- The Beat Blaster schematic now correctly takes up inventory space and can be recycled.
- The V6 Launcher’s reload effect now plays for all players in the mission.
- The Tiny Instrument of Death rocket now disappears correctly after exploding.
- Fixed camera shake sometimes not stopping after using Leap Attack.
- Added a new Storm Alert modifier “Powerful SMG’s”.
- Patrol points now properly despawn after showing up on the map.
- Nature-charged Riot Huskies no longer fail to block attacks.
Art + Animation
- Nature elemental VFX no longer linger on a Riot Husk’s Shield while dancing.
- Updated vehicle (Cars, Buses, Trucks, etc.) impact sounds with more unique content per vehicle type.
- Updated Blaster sounds to add better environmental audio perspective during combat.
- Updated the audio for the Van lift-off sequence in Ride the Lightning.
- Fixed issue with the Husk Dancing music not stopping when eliminated.
- Updated sounds for Husks being launched from floor / wall launcher traps.
- Music and sound volume issues have been adjusted while DBNO.
- Updated the bonus failed sound to a shorter sound to help sync with UI feedback.