Hit the Road
Get ready for some high intensity road trip action as you assist Quinn and company in broadcasting her Song of the Summer. You never know what challenges and obstacles you may find along the way, and getting there is half the adventure. Load up the van and gather your group because it’s time to Hit the Road!
Introducing the Locker!
Your favorite Emotes, Music Packs, and Loading Screens are now available in Save the World. Head over to the Locker tab to check them out!
- The first part of the Locker has arrived in Save the World. You can now use your Emotes, Music Packs, and Loading Screens.
- The Locker is currently shared between Save the World and Battle Royale, so if you change it in either location, it will change in both.
- Only Emotes, Music Packs, and Loading Screens are available for Save the World at the moment. We plan to support more types of cosmetics in future updates. Read more about this here.
- All types of Emotes now work in Save the World: Dances, Emoticons, Sprays, and Toys. Any emotes you own are available in all modes.
- You can slot up to 6 Emotes in the Locker for quick access on the Emote Wheel. Additional Emotes can be accessed by paging the wheel up or down.
- You can use Dances and Emoticons in the Lobby.
- Everyone who currently has access to play Save the World will keep Ride the Pony, which is now a traversal Emote. You can now use it in Battle Royale and Creative too!
- Players who purchase Save the World Founders packs will also receive Ride the Pony.
- Everyone keeps Dance Moves as well, as players in all modes start with that Emote.
Missions + Systems
- Introducing: Hit the Road!
- Grab three other players and help Quinn get to the Radio Station to spin her Song of the Summer in this road trip adventure.
- Quinn travels in a hover-truck, complete with a mobile storm defense shield.
- Along the route are four randomized objectives, each with challenging gameplay and a variety of upgrades.
- Get to the radio station, and protect Quinn from a final enemy wave. Hopefully you’ve collected enough traps, ammo, and resources to secure the victory!
- If the vehicle loses all of its health the road trip ends, but players earn rewards based on the number of objectives completed.
- You start the trip without your gear or supplies, making scavenging and harvesting a top priority.
- You keep your trap schematics, and start with a few “hand-me-down” weapons, but weapon crafting is disabled.
- Weapons with appropriate perks are scattered throughout the route, increasing your chances of survival without your weapon schematics.
- Chests in Hit the Road spawn tier-appropriate weapons, traps, and resources.
- Unlike previous events, Hit the Road uses Power Levels instead of Storm Shield Defense progress to match players to the correct difficulty, bringing more balance to the group.
- If you are knocked out you will have to wait until your team reaches or completes an objective before you will respawn. Be careful out there!
- New event quests have also been added to give players a chance to earn even more Hit the Road tickets.
- Search everything you can for cassette tapes, helping Lars craft the perfect summer mix tape, and earning some Hit the Road event tickets.
- Legendary Troll Stash Event Llama is available
- Cost: 1000 Hit the Road Tickets
- Llamas now contain Cyberpunk Heroes and Vacuum Tube Weapon Schematics
- Mutant Storm Mission Alerts grant Hit the Road Tickets and are more numerous.
- Miniboss Mission Alerts no longer grant Event Tickets and are less numerous.
- Safe Harbor quest: Reduced Evacuate the Shelter quest requirement from 2 to 1.
- Updated the mission rewards for "Eliminate and Collect" and "Resupply".
- Eliminate and Collect now rewards Hero XP and/or Survivor XP.
- Resupply now rewards Schematic XP and a random crafting ingredient.
- Known issue: Sometimes the crafting ingredient fails to be rewarded if players do not finish enough bonus objectives.
- Some Heroes and Schematics from the Birthday Llama for Year 2 used to be locked. They have been updated to allow Recycling and Transformation. Any items that were adjusted will continue to not take up inventory space.
- Shadow Ops Heroes, Military Weapons, and Vacuum Tube Weapons have been moved to the Expansion Tab in the Collection Book. These items may now be researched/recruited.
- Exploding Deathburst has been replaced with a new modifier: Exploding Death Bomb. When Husky Husks, Sploders, and Riot Huskies are eliminated they leave behind a destructive bomb with a short fuse.
- With the changing of the season, event ticket rewards have been removed from Wargames Daily Quests and Wargames Mission Rewards.
- Mission Rewards for Wargames are reduced while Daily Wargames Quest rewards are increased:
- Stonewood Daily Wargames Quests now reward additional Gold
- Plankerton Daily Wargames Quests reward Gold and a choice of Evolution Materials
- Canny Valley Daily Wargames Quests reward Gold and RE-PERK!
- Twine Peaks Daily Wargames Quests reward Gold and a choice of Epic PERK-UP! or Legendary PERK-UP!
- The “Husk Swarm” Wargames Challenge has been removed.
- Endurance Rewards are reduced for its early waves, normalizing to their current values as you approach the final wave.
- Mission Alert Weekly Quests in high-level Twine Peaks now display the correct power requirements for completion.
- In the Hexed Wargames simulation, the statues no longer leave shadows behind when they disappear.
- Centered the Twine Peaks Storm Shield and Vinderman’s Mansion in-game maps.
- UI and Minimap icons for melee weapons have been updated. Each melee weapon type now has its own unique icon.
- Quickly opening Expedition rewards no longer causes the game to freeze.
- Main quest tile is now centered properly when there is no quest map.
- Adjusted Boom Bow alignment on the Weapon Wall in the Armory.
- Updated grammar for descriptions of Air Strike and its upgrades.
- Localization fix for Arabic for the points counter used throughout the front end.
- Player names now scroll correctly in the team member UI.
- Updated tooltips for Shock Tower and T.E.D.D.Y. to show base damage for the abilities.
- Fixed some party notifications interfering with menu navigation when using a controller.
- Resolved an issue with health/shields not updating after levelling/evolving a Hero from the Hero Loadout screen.
- Fixed controller navigation sometimes not working in the Main Menu while in the front end.
- Pick-up icons on the minimap will no longer flip 180 if the player is near and above them.
- Cloaked Star returns to the Event Store! Cloaked in mystery, this Mythic Ninja uses throwing stars to quickly take down the Husks.
- Team Perk: Round Trip
- Throwing Stars return to you, dealing their damage again on the way back.
- Requires 2 Ninjas of Legendary or higher rarity.
- Throwing Stars
- Crescent Kick
- Smoke Bomb
- Standard Perk: Fan of Stars
- Throw all Throwing Stars together in an arc. Adds 1 additional star.
- Commander Perk: Fan of Stars+
- Throw all Throwing Stars together in an arc. Adds 3 additional stars.
- Shock Tower and T.E.D.D.Y. no longer float in the air after their supporting structure is destroyed.
- R.O.S.I.E. can no longer be placed overlapping a fragment or storm chest.
- Hang Time and Leap Attacks no longer incorrectly negate knockback effects.
- Fixed issue with Goin’ Constructor shield not always blocking area damage.
- Destroying BASE with Supercharged Traps now correctly removes the BASE bonus to those traps.
- Resolved an issue with Azalea Clark’s exploding Shock Tower not damaging Husks at high tiers.
Weapons + Items
- Added Vacuum Tube weapons as possible in-world drops.
- The Tar Pit trap schematics now take up inventory space and can be recycled.
- Weapon trails for the Corsair now display properly.
- Cleaned up weapon trail timings for basic sword combo attacks.
- The Atomic Light Expander’s heavy attack now correctly grants melee elimination credit.
- Upgraded Typewriter weapon should now display on the weapon rack in the armory.
- Fixed the Astro Bat 9000 playing an endless ringing sound if the projectile exploded during creation (e.g. spawned inside a wall).
- Fixed issue with banner gadget permanently coloring structures blue.
- Prevent teleporter from being placed inside small objects.
- Prevent player from becoming trapped inside Supply Drop.
- The current weapon is now reselected properly after using an ability while jumping off the map.
Art + Animation
- Lighting when going to the armory or command tab from the Locker or Store tab with shadows disabled now display correctly
- Fixed lighting when switching between locker and armory with shadows disabled.
- Resolved a bug where movement didn’t interrupt Emotes.