Fortnite World Cup Creative Competitions
No purchase necessary to enter or win.
The Fortnite World Cup Creative Competitions (the "Contest") is subject to these Fortnite World Cup Creative Competitions Official Rules (these “Official Rules”), which are binding and final on matters relating to the Contest, except as expressly stated otherwise. The Contest is sponsored by Epic Games, Inc., 620 Crossroads Blvd., Cary, North Carolina 27518 (the “Sponsor”). The Contest is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by YouTube.
- Contest Period: The Contest Period begins on April 29, 2019 at 10:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and ends on June 7, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST (the “Contest Period”). The Contest consists of five (5) separate entry periods, (each, an “Entry Period”) as follows:
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD. By participating, Entrants (as defined below) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and/or Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this Contest.
- Entry Period #1 begins on April 29, 2019 at 10:00 AM EST and ends on May 10, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST
- Entry Period #2 begins on May 6, 2019 at 10:00 AM EST and ends on May 17, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST
- Entry Period #3 begins on May 13, 2019 at 10:00 AM EST and ends on May 24, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST
- Entry Period #4 begins on May 20, 2019 at 10:00 AM EST and ends on May 31, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST
- Entry Period #5 begins on May 27, 2019 at 10:00 AM EST and ends on June 7, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST
- How to Enter: Online submissions only. Entrants can upload a video featuring the Creative Competition Island for the relevant Entry Period to YouTube with the appropriate hashtag provided by the judges in the title (“Required Hashtag”), and make it publicly visible and searchable, during such Entry Period (“Submission”).
Required Hashtags will be provided by the applicable judges at the start of each Entry Period and made available at https://twitter.com/fortnitegame.
Submissions must be original and can only include personal gameplay and royalty free audio. See Submission Criteria for additional requirements.
Entrants must be able to travel to New York City to participate in the Fortnite World Cup Creative Competitions Finale (“Creative Competitions Finale”), which will be held at the Fortnite World Cup Finals beginning on July 26, 2019, if selected as a Finalist (as defined below). All necessary travel documents, such as a Passport or a Visa, are the sole responsibility of the Finalists.
Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, Contest supervisors and members of their immediate families are not eligible to participate or win.
The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws, rules and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Eligibility: The Contest is open worldwide to anyone aged 13 years old or older (or such other minimum age, if greater, as may be required in such entrant’s country of residence) (“Entrant”) who are valid Fortnite Licensees under the Fortnite End User License Agreement. Eligible minors should have permission from a parent or legal guardian in order to participate in the Contest. One Submission per person for the entire Contest.
Fifteen (15) Finalist Prizes:
- Prizes: If eligible under these Official Rules, prizes will be awarded to Finalists as follows:
Sponsor will determine the payment method for the prize in its sole discretion. Sponsor will also provide travel and hotel accommodations for Finalists to participate in the Creative Competitions Finale in New York City. Eligible minors must be accompanied at all times by a parent or legal guardian during travel to, from, and while at the Creative Competitions Finale.
Details regarding judging and prizes for the Creative Competitions Finale will be announced at a later date.
Finalists may not substitute, assign or transfer prize, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value. Prize is not redeemable for cash. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per person.
- $5,000.00 USD
- Guaranteed spot in the Creative Competitions Finale
- Submission Criteria:
- Submissions must be submitted according to the How to Enter section and directly accessible by Sponsor and any other person from the link you provide.
- Submissions must have the applicable Required Hashtag in the title.
- Submissions must include original content only.
- Submissions should not require any additional software to run.
- Submissions may not contain personal attacks on anyone or any discernible product, including competitor products.
- Submissions may not depict nudity, animal cruelty, any illegal activity or substance, or any other offensive or obscene subject matter as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Submissions shall not portray Sponsor in a negative light.
- Submissions must be appropriate for a broad audience.
- Submissions may not feature any trademarks (including logos) other than those owned by Sponsor.
- Submissions must be original pieces, achieved/created by the person who submits the entry. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize Submissions from any source, nor may Submissions include third-party copyrighted material or artwork without the copyright holder’s permission. By entering, you (and, if an eligible minor, your parent or legal guardian) warrant that your Submission does not infringe any third party’s rights, and that you have obtained any necessary permissions from all relevant third parties to submit the Submission. You (and, if an eligible minor, your parent or legal guardian) hereby agree to indemnify Sponsor against any and all claims from any third party for any use by Sponsor of the Submission.
- Although Sponsor is not reviewing Submissions for copyright violations, if, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, it is believed your Submission constitutes or may constitute copyright infringement, the Submission will be disqualified.
- Sponsor may require verification of Submissions through a procedure solely determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion.
- Sponsor reserves the right to exclude any Submission that it believes, in its sole discretion, doesn't meet these criteria or otherwise violates these Rules, and to delete or otherwise remove any such Submission from any and all location(s) under Sponsor’s control.
Finalist Prize Judging: At the end of Entry Period #1, a panel of qualified judges will select three (3) potential finalists (each, a “Finalist”) from the Qualified Submissions received during Entry Period #1; at the end of Entry Period #2, a panel of qualified judges will select three (3) potential Finalists from the Qualified Submissions received during Entry Period #2; at the end of Entry Period #3, a panel of qualified judges will select three (3) potential Finalists from the Qualified Submissions received during Entry Period #3; at the end of Entry Period #4, a panel of qualified judges will select three (3) potential Finalists from the Qualified Submissions received during Entry Period #4; and at the end of Entry Period #5, a panel of qualified judges will select three (3) potential Finalists from the Qualified Submissions received during Entry Period #5, in each case, according to the criteria
- Winner Selection and Notification of Potential Finalist: All Submissions will be prescreened to ensure compliance with the Submission Criteria and with Sponsor’s general standards and practices prior to any judging (“Qualified Submissions”).
provided by the applicable judges at the start of each Entry Period and made available at https://twitter.com/fortnitegame. Non-winning Qualified Submissions from one (1) Entry Period will not be included in the judging for any other Entry Period. Judging scores will not be revealed. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than the stated number of Finalist(s) for any Entry Period if it does not receive a sufficient number of Qualified Submissions for an Entry Period.
The Entrants who submitted the highest scoring Qualified Submission(s) for each Entry Period will be notified of their status as a potential Finalist at the email address associated with such Qualified Submissions’ YouTube account at the time of submission within five (5) business days of the end of the applicable Entry Period, or such other time as reasonably required by Sponsor for such notification. Upon formal notification from Sponsor, a potential Finalist shall have five (5) business days from the date such notice was emailed to respond and provide any information or materials requested by Sponsor, including a Prize Acceptance and Release Form (“Release”). Such response from a potential Finalist must be delivered to the email address from which Sponsor’s notification was sent or, at Sponsor’s sole option, another email address specified in the notification.
The date of receipt by Sponsor shall be decisive for a potential Finalist’s compliance with the deadlines set forth in this section. The failure by any potential Finalist to timely respond to any notification or request for materials or information may result in disqualification. In such cases, Sponsor may select an alternate potential Finalist from among the remaining Qualified Submissions received for the applicable Entry Period.
Unless restricted by applicable law, each potential Finalist (and, if an eligible minor, such potential Finalist’s parent or legal guardian) will be required to complete and return the Release in accordance with the deadlines set forth in this section. An alternate potential Finalist may be selected from among the remaining Qualified Submissions received for the applicable Entry Period if a potential Finalist: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iii) cannot or will not accept or receive the prize for any reason.
A potential Finalist will only be deemed a Finalist once the verification process has been completed by Sponsor pursuant to these Official Rules.
Potential Finalists will also be required to provide certain payment information to Sponsor, including any required tax information forms, in order to receive the prize. Sponsor may withhold payment of the prize if a potential Finalist fails to provide the applicable payment forms to Sponsor in a timely manner.
ENTRANTS WILL NOT BE SPECIFICALLY PAID FOR THEIR SUBMISSIONS or for granting Licensed Parties any of these rights.
While Sponsor will seek to post the Submission in the form as provided at the time of entry, each Entrant (and, if an eligible minor, such Entrant’s parent or legal guardian) agrees that due to technical limitations and internal standards, Submissions may be altered from their original form and that Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Submission in its sole discretion, including adding its logo or other trademarks. Sponsor may post Submissions in any order or sequence, with or without commentary, and may select an image to serve as a thumbnail in its sole discretion.
- LICENSE: As a condition of entry, Entrant (and, if an eligible minor, Entrant’s parent or legal guardian) hereby grants to Sponsor and its licensees, assigns and designees (collectively, “Licensed Parties”) a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, sublicensable, and royalty free license to use, modify, reproduce, prepare derivative works of, distribute, perform, and display the Submission in any and all media throughout the world and for whatever purpose Licensed Parties deem. If Entrant is selected as a Finalist, instead of the license described above, Entrant (and, if an eligible minor, Entrant’s parent or legal guardian) grants to Licensed Parties an exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, sublicensable, and royalty free license to Licensed Parties to use, modify, reproduce, prepare derivative works of, distribute, perform, and display the Submission in any and all media throughout the world and for whatever purpose Licensed Parties deem.
At any time before, during or after the Contest Period, Sponsor may, in its discretion, choose to post or distribute one or more Submissions, the creator’s name and profile information online (including Facebook pages, Twitter feeds, YouTube channels, and third-party websites) for promotional and entertainment purposes only. Posting of this/these Submission(s) will not mean that said Submissions are eligible to win or are a potential Finalist. Entrant (and, if an eligible minor, Entrant’s parent or legal guardian) understands that users of these sites may share, comment on (including negatively), and re-post their Submissions. Any requests by Entrants to have a Submission removed from consideration will be accommodated to the extent practically possible. Sponsor is not responsible for third party re-posting of Submissions.
- Publicity: Sponsor reserves the right to use the name, likeness, and/or account ID of any Entrant, for publicity purposes prior to, during, or after the Contest end date, in any media, throughout the world, in perpetuity, but only in connection with publicizing the Contest, without any compensation or prior review unless specifically prohibited by law.
- General Conditions: By participating, each Entrant (and, if an eligible minor, such Entrant’s parent or legal guardian agrees) to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by applicable law. Any portion of the Contest may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in our opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond our control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Entrants may not enter with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of qualified entries. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Contest (or any portion thereof) and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential Finalist(s) for the Entry Period(s) at issue from among all eligible, non-suspect Qualified Submissions received for such Entry Period(s) prior to action taken. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. PRIZES ARE SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL INCOME TAX AND IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH FINALIST TO (I) CHECK WITH HIS OR HER LOCAL TAX ADVISOR TO DETERMINE WHICH TAXES APPLY TO HIM OR HER AND (II) PAY SUCH TAXES TO THE APPROPRIATE TAX AUTHORITY. It is Sponsor's policy to withhold tax at the backup withholding rates in effect for US and non-US residents. Prize income and tax withholding will be reported on forms 1099-MISC for US residents and 1042-S for non-US residents. Any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Contest. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, some countries, states, provinces, or other jurisdictions do not allow the limitation of liability as stated above, so the above terms may not fully apply to Entrant. Instead, in such jurisdictions, the foregoing limitations shall apply only to the extent permitted by the laws of such jurisdictions.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision in these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, each Entrant (and, if an eligible minor, such Entrant’s parent or legal guardian) agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, YouTube, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies and vendors, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys' fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) use, redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, or misuse of any prize, (ii) participation in any activity, event, or excursion offered in connection with the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), (iii) use of any facility, service and/or accommodation related to the prize, or (iv) participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in this Contest. The Releasees shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or declarations, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Contest; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Releasees are not responsible for computer malfunctions, network connections, email delivery problems, systems failure or incompatibility, typographical, technical or keystroke errors, or interruptions in your internet service, and for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged or stolen notifications.
- Disputes: Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Contest will be governed by the internal laws of the State of North Carolina. Decisions of Sponsor are binding and final. No claimant in any dispute involving Sponsor shall be entitled to claim or obtain indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages.
© 2019, Epic Games, Inc. All rights reserved.
- Finalists List: The Finalists list can be obtained through the mail by sending the request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Fortnite World Cup Creative Competitions Contest-Finalists List, Epic Games, 620 Crossroads Blvd, Cary, NC 27518. Requests must be received no more than ninety (90) days after the end of Contest.