Over the last several seasons you’ve noticed and reported cosmetic bugs that have slipped through the cracks. Thanks to this, we’ve been able to escalate and triage these issues so we can work towards fixing them. We want to let you know that we are actively working on addressing known issues that we’ve found internally, and the ones you’ve brought to our attention online.
- Backblings appear to be floating
- Fixed in v9.30
Cloud Strike Glider
- Appears blurry and compressed
- Fixed in v9.30
Point it Out Emote
- Strange animation while using the Ripe Rippers Pickaxe - Example
- Legs appear to stutter when using certain emotes - Example
- Arms look bad when using the Drop the Bass emote - Example
- Can’t Emote in the Lobby - Workaround
- The icon and Locker preview appear different. Vision only and the Wrap is still displayed properly when applied in-game. - Example
- Certain aspects of the Outfit appear warped - Example
- Can’t collect the Bunkey Jonesy or Rox Outfit Fortbytes in some situations - Example
As Fortnite continues to grow and we continue to make improvements to the visual quality and performance of the game, sometimes you flip one switch and accidentally turn off another (not technical terms). With the large number of cosmetic options, the possibilities of combinations continue to stack week after week, and can cause unforeseen issues. The Good News! - We are actively working on our processes to catch more of these bugs before they go out the door. Hiccups will happen along the way (bugs slip by), but we want you to know we do see your reports and addressing them is a priority for our team.
Know of an issue with a cosmetic? Keep bringing them to our attention! Leave comments on any of our social channels following the format below so we can get to work on resolving the issue within a reasonable time frame.
- Name of Cosmetic
- Description of Issue
- Additional Details/Link to Images
Please continue to report these issues on our social channels.This helps us compile your answers so we can get to work on bringing all cosmetics back to their intended glory!